Excelling at Customer Centricity, the ECC Programme
Guiding a customer centric organisation to excel
Peer reviews and ratings on social media influence customer choice, your reputation and brand. To be competitive and deliver promises, in a world where everyone can express their opinions online immediately, it’s more important than ever to foster a healthy, resilient customer centric culture in your organisation.
HSMAI (Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association) has developed a certification for executive coaches to guide organisations to excel.
The ECC Compass
The ECC Compass helps you to identify and resolve customer experience gaps
Our compass gives you the opportunity to review your organisation’s strengths and put in place well researched actions to plug and customer experience gaps. Where it makes a difference to your results.
It’s about having a considerable impact on:
- Customer Loyalty
- Customer Advocacy
- Referrals – by customers and employees
- Return on Reputation
A means of measurements through
- Business Results
The HSMAI Region Europe Excelling at Customer Centricity, the ECC programme, enables you to coach your team in delivering promises that have a positive impact on the perception of the brand.
For many years I have wondered what strategy is most important amongst the many. I now believe the Excelling at Customer Centricity is the single best,”
– Mike Leven, longtime industry leader and international “hotel icon” about the program
An Executive Coach Certification aiming for a pledge to excellence!
Excelling at Customer Centricity, the ECC Programme, is an Executive Coach Certification with the aim for participants to become enablers of a culture of customer centric excellence
The nine areas covered are closely intertwined:
- Determine Success & Prepare: define the key performance indicators of success for your organisation(s) and the current and desired states of performance.
- Define: Develop and define your service culture.
- Prioritise: Mange your stakeholders
- Design: Let social media work for you by creating “instagram-able guest
- Drive: Use culture as a means of turning barriers into empowerment.
- Measure: Make sure you are measuring what matters.
- Engage & Listen: Plan your two-way communication with stakeholders to engage, embed and reinforce your strategies and progress.
- Recover: Turn complaints into advocacy.
- Follow up: Coaching, embedding into the organisation & support.
The HSMAI will provide a licence for the programme on the following basis:
- Executive Coaches are trained by HSMAI Master Trainers – over a 3 day programme.
- Toolkits are to be ordered and provided directly by HSMAI to the companies that will be trained by the Executive coaches.
- Coached are licenced for a period of 12 months and need to attend a one day update every year to keep their licence.
- Executive Coach Training and certification: €2 450 for the three-day programme per person (excl. travel and accommodation) including a toolkit worth the value of €500 each.
- Toolkits: €500 each, €4500 for 10, €8000 for 20.
- Update workshop: €650 – one day programme per year (excl. travel and accommodation)
Multiple session for destinations, several companies and chains are possible. For application and more information about the HSMAI Excelling at Customer Centricity Programme please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“The ECC Programme” is about understanding what outstanding service really looks like in your business and helping every member of the team to commit to their part in making something great”
– Eric O’Halleran, Certified Executive Coach, ECC programme
“When I looked at the ECC programme it became clear that it is so much more than about excelling at customer centric, it has been designed to transform organisations, engage teams, increase individual performance, boost customer loyalty and ultimately increase profitability and growth.”
– Gil Mulders, Head of Learning Europe at IHG InterContinental Hotels Group
The programme provides you with the tools to guide an organisation to manage and excel as customer centric. We focus on:
- how to engage and commit your teams (staff and other stakeholders) to have a stronger impact on business targets.
- how to go ‘above and beyond’ leadership, culture, and internal communication to transform experiences.
- targets & measurements to communicate progress.
- selecting touchpoints with our people unique to the service industries; so good they are instagramable.
- how to engage and retain talent, developing their skills.
- competitive customer centric experiences developed as examples.
- creating a Service Pledge. An example of how a clear message of strategic intent of priorities and direction matters, when developed with the buy in of stakeholders, to reinforce results when driving and managing a strategically decided culture.
CEO Jarle Moen, interviews the Hotel Icon Mike Leven; what is the secrets about his success?
Leaders and other potential change agents that:
- Are eager to create excellent customer satisfaction and a great company culture
- Want to bring the customer experience into the board room
- Believe in enabling a culture of customer centricity is a winning strategy
Excelling in Customer Centricity’ Certification consists of 4 modules in 3 full days (including evenings).
Mia Touzin Leffler, Education Adviser HSMAI Region Europe
Gil Mulders, Former Head of Learning Europe at IHG – InterContinental Hotels Group and Chair of the HSMAI Region Europe People & Culture Advisory Board
As a help in excelling at customer centricity to great customer experience we work on four modules:
What is a winning culture and how do we develop and nurture it?
Effective ways to ensure delivery of service and commitment excellence.
How to convert unhappy customers to happy ambassadors. Processes for disgruntled customer management prior to social media reviews.
Do we meet and exceed the customer’s expectations? Acquire feedback, rehearse communication and deliver. Documentation and improvements. How do we know that feedback improves quality of service?
What’s in it for me? For my company?
As certified executive coach you will be able to:
- Use a portfolio of tools & processes designed to make a considerable difference to how customer service is perceived.
- Develop scenarios for overcoming barriers when implementing organisational quality assuring changes.
- Coach colleagues and teams delivering and communication the concepts
- Design an action plan for developing and implementing a Customer Centricity programme in an organisation and get feedback on their plan.
Below you see an example of how the implementation process within a company can look like:
The winners of tomorrow are those who invest in their company culture and bring the customer experience into the board room. Providing excellent service is more important today than ever.
To protect our return business, we want to make sure that we reduce mistakes of when things go wrong to the least possible! The ECC programme is a methodology to allow you to do that.
For application and more information about the HSMAI Excelling at Customer Centricity Programme please contact us at email@example.com.
Today everybody knows, what everybody is charging. So the only thing you can do, is service the customer better than somebody else, or differentiate your product better, than somebody else.
The secret to success is to do the common things uncommonly well.
Within the ECC programme we explore key stages of our customers journey, identifying areas to focus on and how.