HSMAI is committed to cultivating the next generation of industry leaders. In Europe, HSMAI have seated Rising Leader Councils in 3 core disciplines. Each Council will be a professional development and advocacy group, comprised of up-and-coming professionals working in a mix of roles within each discipline. The Councils will provide unique opportunities for emerging professionals to advance their skill sets, network with peers, and contribute to HSMAI and the industry via their insights, feedback, and thought leadership.
To be eligible, a candidate must:
- Be an emerging leader in their field of expertise (is not restricted to people managers)
- Be 32 years of age or younger (as of December 31, 2021)
- Have a minimum of three years in a hospitality sales, marketing, and/or revenue optimization position
- Be currently employed full time in a hospitality sales, marketing, and/or revenue optimization position
- Maintain a current membership in HSMAI
- Submit a written recommendation from their current supervisor
- Commit to serving on the council for a two-year term
- Participate in a one-hour virtual meeting each month (schedule to be determined by members of the council)
- Make every effort to attend a one-day face-to-face retreat each year (held in conjunction with an HSMAI Europe conference such as the Marketing Strategy Conference, ROC or the Sales Leader Forum)
The Rising Leaders Council comprises of different types of leaders with different backgrounds who have excelled in their roles. Some prefer to work at corporate level, whilst others may wish to use the combination of their skills and experiences as General Managers or in other leadership roles. Whatever their chosen paths, we must continue to motivate them so they will remain in our industry.
For more information on the Rising Leaders Council, you can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to apply or you want one of your ambitious young leaders to participate in this program, please apply using this form.
Here are the first four of our Rising Leaders. We will be presenting them all in the weeks to come and you will meet them in London during our HSMAI Europe Commercial Strategy Week. Join us in London by clicking below.