In Holland, HSMAI, Sales, Upcoming

96 percent of the exhibitors partaking in this yearÕs HSMAI MeetConnect, held at OsloÕs Scandic Fornebu Hotel, were very pleased with the event, to such a degree that they plan to return for the 2019 MeetConnect in Oslo. The next HSMAI MeetConnect will take place in Amsterdam on 11 April.

See here for Amsterdam.

Among the response we find testimonials such as “good meeting place, top notch, instructive and informative, jackpot, nice mix of technical and professional lectures and meetings, good level and number of buyers, effective meeting place and good meetings”.

“In the digital age we notice that physical professional meeting places become even more important than before. The mix of pre-booked meetings, the variety of buyers and sellers, and a time-effective, intimate and well prepared meeting place yields maximum advantage for the attendants,” says the very pleased project manager Linda M. Ramberg.

The questionnaire, answered by 90 attending partakers, stands to testify the eventÕs obvious success. Each and all among the exhibitor responses were unequivocally positive in terms of the event as such. Looking at buyers and sellers put together, 92 percent declared that they were very pleased with the lectures and professional programme, as well as the overall event. The venue itself the high level of the buyers and the programme are all highlighted in the evaluation.

Pre-booked meetings

Efficient meetings and good mood at this yearÕs HSMAI Meeting & Event Exchange at Scandic Fornebu, just outside Oslo. Photographer: Camilla Bergan.

This year pre-booked meetings were re-introduced, which 73 percent of the respondents deemed a definite advantage. Meeting bookings opened for buyers a few weeks prior to the event, and a few weeks later the sellers were given an opportunity to reach out to buyers, in order to probe meeting options. Among the remarks we find:

“Very good this year, good mix of attendants and focus on two-way meeting bookings worked very well.”

“Pre-booking meetings worked very well, making it much easier to get in touch with target groups relevant for me.”

“Being able to target the hotels/venues I wanted to meet was very nice, not having to stand in line indefinitely.”

Scandic Fornebu delivered

This yearÕs MeetConnect at the Scandic Fornebu Hotel near Oslo, showing itself from its best side. The response on accessibility, facilities, logistics and, but not leat, the hotel food and service was a sight for sore eyes. 93 percent of the respondents also said that accessing the hotel was very easy.

At least 96 percent to return

The attendants were very pleased with the lectures and overall programme. Photographer: Camilla Bergan.

When asked if they wanted to partake in the HSMAI MeetConnect again, none replied denyingly. Responses show that as much as 96 percent of the sellers indicate that they would like to attend next year, while the remaining 4 percent were not able to make a decision yet . Also the buyers, among whom 89 percent want to take part at a later stage, were very pleased. The remaining 11 percent were undecided.

“On the whole a very nice and useful event that I am looking forward to attend again next year,È writes one of the respondents, while another one declares:

“Good business, we were very happy and are certain that we will return,” with every reason to believe thereÕs more.

“We take all responses and suggestions to heart as we plan for next yearÕs MeetConnect. Make sure to save the date for Amsterdam on Wednesday 11 April 2018 and again in Oslo on Wednesday 9 January 2019,” says Linda M. Ramberg, passing on the project manager baton to her colleagues Monika Hove and Kathelijne Soydan as project managers.

“As for me, IÕm looking forward to another exciting project for which I care very much; HSMAIÕs focus on Winning for the Customer Ð The Service Pledge,” she says.


Top photo: Scandic Fornebu lobby area. Photographer: Camilla Bergan.


Contact Us

Send us an email for any queries you have about HSMAI Europe and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt

Start typing and press Enter to search

||Scandic Hotels' president & CEO Frank Fiskers.|