From left: Andrés Reyes Gjerme, Hotel Manager at Britannia Hotel , Nora Galfi, Regional Marketing Manager (EMEA) at OTA Insight, Hillary Meyer, Head of Profit – Finland, Denmark, North Sweden & Arlanda at Nordic Choice Hotels, Clement Deplanche, Director Revenue Strategy & Performance at Accor Head Office
Ambitious, Driven, and Engaged?
Ambitious, Driven, and Engaged?
We’re looking for the next generation of leaders in Europe – innovators, change makers, and creative thinkers that will shape the future of the hospitality industry.
Important message about our new Rising Leaders program
This program is for young senior leaders, and we have been advised by our members to extend the eligible age range from 25 – 35 years.
The next meeting will take place in London on Wednesday November 9th in the morning followed by the Curate that will take place the same day after lunch.
HSMAI Europe Curate
Organized twice per year, the Curate will provide your leadership team with an inspirational forum to discuss, anticipate, and deal with most critical business issues with industry professionals. One of the unique aspects of the Curate is the corporate attendee composition and conversation that is across all disciplines of sales, marketing, distribution, and revenue optimization as well as leadership in general.
To be eligible, a candidate must:
- Demonstrated leadership track record
- Proven academic, business, and/or entrepreneurial excellence
- Be 35 years of age or younger (as of December 31, 2022)
- Have a minimum of three years in a hospitality sales, marketing, revenue optimization and/or another leadership position
- a hospitality sales, marketing, and/or revenue optimization position
- Be currently employed full time in a hospitality sales, marketing, revenue optimization and/or another leadership position
- Your company maintain a current membership in HSMAI
- Your company will cover your hotel & travel expenses for any HSMAI activities and events
- Submit a written recommendation from their current supervisor
- Commit to serving on the council for a two-year term
- Participate in a one-hour virtual meeting each month (schedule to be determined by members of the council)
- Make every effort to attend 4 one-day face-to-face retreat each year (held in conjunction with an HSMAI Europe activity such as the Curate, ROC and the Commercial Summer Camp)
If you wish to apply or you want one of your ambitious young senior leaders to participate in this program, please apply using this form.
MORE ABOUT THE RISING LEADER COUNCILS
HSMAI is committed to cultivating the next generation of industry leaders. In Europe, HSMAI have seated Rising Leader Councils in 3 core disciplines. Each Council will be a professional development and advocacy group, comprised of up-and-coming professionals working in a mix of roles within each discipline. The Councils will provide unique opportunities for emerging professionals to advance their skill sets, network with peers, and contribute to HSMAI and the industry via their insights, feedback, and thought leadership.
The Rising Leaders Council comprises different types of leaders with different backgrounds who have excelled in their roles. Some prefer to work at corporate level, whilst others may wish to use the combination of their skills and experiences as General Managers or in other leadership roles. Whatever their chosen paths, we must continue to motivate them so they will remain in our industry.