Applications for Ukraine’s Hospitality Students and Professionals Support Grant are open!
The opening of the Support Grants for individuals studying or working in the hospitality industry in Ukraine has been announced by HSMAI Foundation and HSMAI Region Europe.
From April 2023, all hospitality students and established professionals affected by the war in Ukraine can apply to receive a support grant.
HSMAI Europe and the HSMAI Foundation (Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International) joined forces to establish a designated fund to support both the immediate and longer-term needs of Ukrainians studying and working in the hospitality industry. The fund is administered by the HSMAI Europe Board of Directors the fund is open to any student or employee who has been impacted by the events of the war including refugees and those still based in Ukraine.
HSMAI Europe held a successful silent auction at the end of 2022. The aim of the auction was to raise money for Ukraine. Thank you to the generous contributions of our members and prize donors. We are grateful.
“The current situation demands solidarity within the hospitality industry to aid Ukrainians impacted by the war. Through this fund, HSMAI Europe and the Foundation strive to provide support to those in need, enabling them to advance their careers or education. This includes opportunities such as attending key industry events like the HSMAI Europe Commercial Summer Camp 2023 in Portugal, the ROC 2024 in January, London or obtaining HSMAI global certifications, to empower them with the skills and knowledge necessary for success.”
Ingunn Hofseth, President & CEO at HSMAI Region Europe
Grant Inclusions & Application Criteria
Current hospitality students and industry professionals are invited to apply for the Hospitality Grant. All applications will be reviewed individually in order to determine the most suitable form of support, including:
- Mentorship programs for Ukrainian citizens seeking experience and guidance in the hospitality industry
- Vocational training/support for current Ukrainian citizens who have been uprooted from their homes and/or are now refugees.
- Participation in one of HSMAI Europe programs, events or global certifications:
- Opportunity to attend the HSMAI Europe Commercial Summer Camp 2023 in Portugal
- Opportunity to attend HSMAI Europe ROC (Revenue Optimization Conference) January 2024 in London
- Get HSMAI Global Certification
Successful applicants must comply with the following requirements:
- Have Ukrainian residency and must have lived in Ukraine prior to the war outbreak
- Fully admitted as a student in an accredited post-secondary hospitality degree program or have demonstrated hospitality work experience in the hospitality industry
- Have strong motivation to pursue a career in hospitality, tourism and travel industry
Please send your application including your CV and 2 reference letters (or contact information) as soon as possible before 31st of April, 2023. HSMAI Europe Board of Directors will be considering each application, case by case.
About HSMAI Europe
HSMAI – Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International – is a global organization founded in the US in 1927. HSMAI Region Europe is the European arm of the organisation. HSMAI Europe aims to be a key influencer, pioneer and the go-to industry resource for professional development, commercial strategies and sustainability in the hospitality, travel and tourism industry.
About HSMAI Foundation
The mission of the HSMAI Foundation is to elevate the overall caliber and performance of sales, marketing, and revenue optimization professionals in the global hospitality industry by driving initiatives that will attract new talent, develop emerging talent, and engage existing talent.